Living on a tidal bay means that my world is ever changing, yet always amazing. Today I am Celebrating the Small Things with Viklit of Scibblings of an Aspiring Author. My celebrations:
- Celebrating the daily tidal flow, and the amazing summer opportunities it brings.
- New friends, old friends and everyone I spent time with this week.
- Photographic opportunities which have suddenly appeared as I became open to them.
- A new writer’s group starting up tomorrow.
Okoromai Bay at Low Tide
The bird lifting the eel out of the water that I posted on Wed. was also shot in Okoromai Bay at low tide. The Changing Tides of Okoromai Bay of massive.
Okoromai Bay at High Tide
One more thing I am celebrating, or not, depending on the given moment, is my list of things to do. I am celebrating it on the days it gets shorter, whilst I roll my eyes at it as it seems to be getting longer. It causes me stress when I miss deadlines – fortunately it doesn’t happen too often, as most of the things on the list are open ended. One missed, but not forgotten is the Insecure Writer’s Support Group hosted by one of the most giving people I have met, ninja captain Alex J. Cavanaugh.
I don’t believe in New Years Resolutions as I find them to be a set up for failure. However, I do have goals for 2014 and one is to spend dedicated time on writing and photography. I am one of the over 40,00o winners in NaNoWriMo 2013 and I thought this was a good opportunity to share what I learned. The reason for my success was two fold:
- I had a goal, a deadline and a schedule to succeed with dedicated time and daily goals. I wrote every day in November. Since then, I noticed writing fell on my to-do list to “after everything else is done,” which explains 50,000 words in November, 9000 words in December.
- I had support and a system that everyone in the family understood. I have a writing hat. If the hat is down, I am not to be disturbed. I got the idea from Meet the Parents, where the hat means do not disturb (only for different reasons!)
What are you celebrating today? Do you prefer to overlook tidal bays, or water all the time? Are you in summer or winter right now?
Please let me know if you are participating in either of these blog hops (Celebrating Small Things or Insecure Writer’s Support Group) and I will be sure to visit.