If I am to understand correctly, my task is to share my best healthy tips, as I am participating in today’s Get Heatlhy blog hop hosted by Stepehn Tremp, Alex Cavanaugh, L. Diane Wolfe, Michael Di Gesu.
The official objective: Share with everyone something you have done that affected your health in a positive way. . . . Then it goes on to talk about weight loss, healthy eating, exercise programs and the like . . . well, look at me. Clearly this is no longer my area of expertise. However, I am happy, healthy and positive.
And the timing couldn’t be better!
Here are the things I have done this week to focus on my health:
- Today I had my annual mammogram. As I stood there topless with my bare breast being smashed between two icy cold metal slabs I mentioned to the tech that my teens were just making jokes about this very thing thing this morning. She suggested I turn it to my advantage, leave out the part where I mentioned it wasn’t that bad, and tell the girls I can’t do dishes or housework for a week. Get Healthy Tip 1: Let the kids do the housework and dishes for a week.
- We returned to homeschoolilng. For anyone who has had a wonderful homeschool experience, and then tried school, you know my life has just returned to normal. If you have never tried it, you might find it hard to believe me when I say my life is actually less stressful without all the restrictions of the school. You have heard that old husband expression – Happy Wife, happy life . . . for us it’s more like Happy Teens, happy, happy, happy life. Get Healthy Tip 2: Sleep in.
- I joined a women’s sailing squadron and took a took an outdoor photography workshop. These are two of my three favorite activities (sailing, photography, travel). Get Healthy Tip 3: Skip sailing on rainy days.
- I bought plane tickets, planned our next family travel adventure to the USA and included family and fun. Get Healthy Tip 4: Follow Your Dreams and then add a side trip to Alaska
- I tried a new diet that a friend found. It’s simple. You eat what you want on five days per week and you fast (not really, they give you 500 calories) for 2 non-consecutive days. Well I was starving by evening and found the solution. Get Healthy Tip 5: When Life Gets too difficult, or you are starving for no reason, eat chocolate.
Clearly I could use some good eating tips, so if you have joined the blog hop, be sure to let me know in the comments, so I can read your tips.
PS: If you missed yesterday’s post, I have two photos in a contest and need your votes. They don’t make it easy to vote, but the prize is awesome. Click Here to vote (you have to like the page, then scroll down to find my entries).
Here are mini versions of my photos, or see yesterday’s post on Capturing Motion:
A Few More Serious Pages I Have Written: