We could see this out the window in the park and I had to go down and have a closer look.
Apparently the game has a name. It’s called Jugger.
The teams here are a group of friends and this is a practice game.
They divided into their “teams” and when the 3 . . .2 . . . 1 . . .Go is called both sides rush to each other swinging.
Once hit, a player drops to his knees and counts with fingers in the air so everyone in the game knows how long they are down.
There is one player I haven’t quite figured out yet. He swings a ball at the end of a chain and whacks the other teams players. The confusing part, there is only one player with the ball and chain, so I am not sure how it is determined which side he/she plays on during the game. (Turns out in the “real” game, each team has one of these. We are watching a practice).
There is an object to the game. There is a ball. Each team has one carrier whose goal is to put the ball into a bucket.
And one other odd thing, there is someone who sits on the sideline and bangs on a symbol.
Have you heard of this game before? It was interesting.
Albom Family Travel Counter:
We are in the fifth month of our 250 day overseas adventure. We are currently spending two weeks in Galicia region of Spain as part of a home exchange. If you don’t want to miss any of our adventure you can:
- Click HERE to have each new post sent to your e-mail box.
- If you prefer your reader, click HERE to subscribe to Laugh Quotes feed
All photos on this page © Rhonda Albom 2012
- More on Jugger on Wikipedia
- Skiing and Snowboarding are my kid’s favorite sports. Which is better? Join the skiing vs. snowboard debate.
- Save 20% Home Exchange using code: cdispatch10. Swap your homes for your vacation now!
- My Top 10 List of Best Family Games
- Not enough laughs here today? Check out Things Which Make Me Laugh on Facebook