Remember the phone call my teen didn’t make yesterday, signing us up for our free tour of old town A Coruña . Well today is the day, and to make it even better, it is also one of the days of the Medieval Fair in A Coruña.
The tour started in Plaza Maria Pita, a main plaza which houses the town hall:
We arrived at our multilingual tour to find we are the only English speakers. While we do try to use our Spanish as much as possible, we all know my ability to speak is at times frightening and hubby speaks only English and French.
Our tour guide was dressed as John Moore, a British General who helped to defend Spain against Napoleon’s troops. (The photo is at the end of the tour when he is standing in front of his tomb- the tomb of John Moore):
As the tour progressed the Spanish sections got longer, while the English translations got shorter at each stop. So short in fact that at one point he completely skipped the English and at the next one he did say, “To my English speakers, don’t worry, I didn’t forget you.”
Despite the lack of English, the tour was interesting and fun and included the Military museum, somewhere we may not have wandered into on our own:
Then we were free to roam around the Medieval Fair, which put a big smile on our tween’s face. If you remember, our tween was disappointed last week when we didn’t stop at a similar fair in Portugal.
And this next one is a bit gross, but we saw similar BBQ’s throughout the fair:
And before we went home, a coffee stop (ice cream for the girls):
All photos on this page © Rhonda Albom 2012
Albom Family Travel Counter:
We are in the fifth month of our 250 day overseas adventure, currently staying in a home exchange house in A Coruña, Galicia. We are here for two weeks.
If you don’t want to miss any of our adventure you can:
- Click HERE to have each new post sent to your e-mail box.
- If you prefer your reader, click HERE to subscribe to Laugh Quotes feed
- If you like gross things, check out these Gross Toys and Slimy Science Kits
- If your a parent, and your kids really like gross things, here is an awesome science project: Gross Science – Let’s Make Poo
- Save 20% Home Exchange using code: cdispatch10. Swap your homes for your vacation now!
- Not enough laughs here today? Check out Things Which Make Me Laugh on Facebook