I posted our Portugal trip a bit out of order to save Evora for Wordless Wednesday. After all, what can you say about a chapel made of the bones of 5,000 bodies:
The saying over the doorway translates to: “we bones are waiting here for yours to join us.”
A few other interesting shots in Evora – the Roman Temple at night:
Eerie, creepy, interesting, beautiful – what is your view of the Chapel of Bones?
Evora Travel Tips:
- Spend the night in Evora and visit the Roman Temple at night when it is lit up.
- Stop at the Tourism Office and for only 2 Euros you can get an audio tour of the main city sites. (And it was interesting!)
- You can also fill up your water bottle for free at the tourism office.
- If you eat pork, try one of the local special meals, just ask your server and they will point out which ones are local.
Albom Family Travel Counter:
We are in our fifth month of our 250 day overseas adventure. We are currently traveling through Spain for two weeks between two home exchange houses – the first in Catalunya, the second in Galicia. If you don’t want to miss any of our adventure you can:
- Click HERE to have each new post sent to your e-mail box.
- If you prefer your reader, click HERE to subscribe to Laugh Quotes feed
All photos on this page © Rhonda Albom 2012
Related Links to Other Creepy Things: