I am amused by a news brief I just saw on TV. It appears that one of the top stories in New Zealand today is a new bun-less double down burger from KFC which will be launched tomorrow. And here is the bizarre part – students in Dunedin are camping out over night to be the first to sample the bun-less chicken burger. No kidding.
They even interviewed some of the “campers,” so now we have some laugh quotes:
“We have been looking forward to it for weeks, and we just want to be first to try it.”
“All that cheese, bacon and sauce between two chicken fillets.”
KFC’s New Zealand campaign isn’t Kentucky Fried Chicken, but rather “Kiwi for Chicken” I think KFC deserves an award their marketing brilliance. To have people camping out overnight just to try the new 34grams of fat and 600 calories per “healthy because it is bun-less” chicken burger.
And speaking of awards, I have two new ones. Well not really that new, I just haven’t mentioned them before today.
First, the hilarious Pencil Girl bestowed upon me the One Freaking Funny Blog Award. How cool that Pencil Girl not only reads my ramblings, but actually thinks I am funny too. So, thank you Pencil Girl for the :
The reason for my delay, another award, but this one came with rules. I was given the Versatile blogger award from Corinne at Corinne O’Flynn Writer of Ya Fiction. If you haven’t visited her blog yet, what are you waiting for. She is brilliant.
- Thank and link to the person who nominated me.
- Share seven random facts about myself.
- Pass the award along to 10 Versatile blogging buddies.
- Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Even though I don’t like rules, I do tend to follow them, so first off, thank you Corinne!
Now for seven obscure (and rather sappy) facts about me:
- I am really proud of my girls.
- Some people don’t belong on skies – I am one of them. Here is proof:
- I wear three pairs of socks in the winter.
- I don’t look so good in a bikini anymore.
- With age comes random hair.
- I married an amazing man, but he can’t darn a sock – it’s not rocket science.
- I am really lucky to have such a wonderful family.
Among all the bloggers I know, the most versatile would have to be Louanne. So, I started with her. After that, there are so many great bloggers, that I decided to share the award with those who supported Laugh Quotes through the A to Z challenge. So, I pass on the Versitile Blogger Award to:
- Louanne at All Eighties, All the Time
- Joyce at Catch My Words
- Julie at Empty Nest Insider
- Becky at The Rainy Day Wanderer
- Tara at Tara Tyler Talks
- Sandy at Sandyspider Gifts
- Aysha at Add More Color
- Stefanie at Dreams of Nyssa
- Dafeenah at Dafeenah Finding the Inner Treasure Within
- Barbara at Of Cabbages and Kings
(To add the award to your blog, right click on it and save the image to your computer.)